no images were found
(3, 6, 17.5 & 55 Gallon)
- Q: Is the Recycler safe?
A: Absolutely, many safety devices with multiple redundancies are built into the system. As a result, the system is 3rd Party reviewed to assure the safety of the system and is given a certificate identifying its meeting the code requirements and UL2208 requirements.
- Q: Will product quality be maintained (i.e. will the distilled solvent meet or exceed virgin specifications)?
A: As long as the recycler is operated correctly and according to provided instructions. As a result, the quality of the distilled solvent should meet or exceed virgin specifications; therefore, come across with no contaminant-based color.
- Q: How do I know what size system should be used?
A: This is a difficult question, as it relies on many different variables. Consequently, we would recommend you speak with one of our Specialists to review your operation and work with you to choose the best system.
- Q: Why use a Vacuum Assist system?
A: The use of a vacuum assist system lowers the atmospheric pressure in the cooking chamber and therefore reduces the boiling temperature of the liquid. In addition we typically recommend vacuum assist for certain types of solvents where the boiling point and flammable limit are within certain parameters. Our Specialists can identify if Vacuum Assist is needed in your process.
- Q: Are there any regulatory issues associated with the Recycler?
A: No and Yes. Keep in mind that even though the storage of hazardous waste is regulated; the recycling process is exempt from RCRA regulations; therefore, no permitting is required for the Recycler. You still need to treat the waste under RCRA requirements. There are Fire codes that must be considered when installing any Recycler. Our Specialists can help you with that information.
- Q: Are there any codes that must be followed with Solvent Recyclers?
A: Yes. If the solvents are considered Flammable and/or Combustible, you must follow one of the following depending on what is adopted in your area:
- The NFPA 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code
- NFPA 33 Standard for Spray Application of Flammable or Combustible Materials
- NFPA 70 National Electric Code
- International Fire Code
- Q: Is the still bottom considered Hazardous Waste?
A: Yes. As long as the material (liquid and/or solid) was considered hazardous as received. Therefore in order to consider your disposal options, you must have the material tested for:
B: If the materials were not considered hazardous as received, then the result is that they are not.
- Q: What is the possibility to create hazardous waste with the use of a solvent recycler?
A: No, if the materials were not hazardous to start with. The only two products resulting from the recycling process are the recovered solvent and the recovered waste. You are not creating a new product, nor are you treating the solvent.
- Q: Is there special expertise required to operate the Recycler?
A: Not at all, a relatively untrained person can operate the recycler. In addition, an operator’s guide is provided with the unit.
- Q: How much time (labor hours per day) must be dedicated to operating the solvent recycler?
A: As a general rule, you can expect to spend less than a total of ten minutes a day performing the filling process and getting the unit up and running.
- Q: How big is the equipment?
A: Here are the following sizes:
- SC & HC – 33″ Wide x 26″ Deep x 43″ High
- SS17.5 – 24″Wide x 37″ Deep x 62″ High
- SS55 – 42″ Wide x 60″ Deep x 90″ High (Note: 112″ High w/ Winch System)
- Q: How much clearance is required around the unit to allow for ease of operation and/or maintenance?
A: Very little is required….approx 6-8″ behind the unit for clearance is required.
- Q: Are equipment Installation drawings and instructions available?
A: Absolutely, please contact BECCA for these support materials.
- Q: What are the voltage requirements – voltage and full load amperage?
A: Each model is as follows:
- SC (3 Gal) 208 – 240 Volt 1 Phase 5 Amps
- HC (6 Gal) 208 – 240 Volt 1 Phase 10 Amps
- SS17.5 (17,5 Gal) 208 – 240 Volt 1 Phase 13.5 Amps
- SS55 (55 Gal) 220 – 240 Volt 1 Phase 50 Amps
- Q: Do you require any other utilities..i.e. water, Compressed air, etc.?
A: No, not with our standard product. Some options, such as Vacuum Assist or Fluid Transfer Kits require compressed air.
- Q: How long is the Warranty?
A: 2 Year Limited Warranty, which is the longest in the Industry.
- Q: Is there maintenance required on the unit?
A: We recommend an Annual tune-up by your local certified technician. Call us. We can help schedule it.
- Q: Are there wear components that will need to be replaced during the life of the unit? What parts?
A: The Seal on the tank lid should be replaced at the annual tune-up along with the Thermic Oil.
- Q: What kind of recovery rate can I expect?
A: When this unit is operating properly, you should be recovering essentially 95-100% of the solvent that is in the waste stream. Losses are typically from evaporation that took place in the cleaning process and/or use of the solvent.
- Q: How are the still bottoms removed from the system?
A: Our systems special Recycler Bag collects waste. The bag is easily removed.
- Q: Are Leasing Options available?
A: At BECCA we offer various lease options. If interested please our office for more information.
If your question was not found Contact Us, so we may help you!